Video

komyali

I have video from 8 scenese, one is rendered and all frames saved in jpeg,25fps later I remember exr... but it was too late, now I want to put frames together in AE, what render metod to use? H.264? mp4 file. what bitrate to use I put VBR one target bitrate 30 maximum to 50. Is 25 fps enough or I need 30 ? I want smooth and crisp picture as possible 720p.

Well... Frame rate should be decided before you even render any frame, the right process is first know what is your target media, regular PC player, TV, IMAX? then you can choose your output size and the frame rate that will fit you best, 24fps or 30fps, if you are looking for smooth animation most people recommend use 30 fps.

24fps will give you the option of accentuate the motion blur but again this varies.

Your final file output also will depend of your broadcast media DVD, Blue Ray, good old CD, VHS do those still exist?? :) :)

720p is a good trade or rendering time v/s size but for high quality image(Pixel quantity) it is recommended render full HD 1920x1080 then you can shrink to 720 if you like. and you can even render at 2K or 4K then reduce to 1920 to get more crisp image.

With all that being said I live and work in USA so the "norm" is 30FPS and I render at full HD 1920x1080 to compress image I create Quicktime with Avid codecs or H624, this play fine in most computers and h264 is friendly with web players.

to create this files I usually use Adobe media encoder and select the different presets, so I am sure I fit in the standard of web player and PC's and mobile devices. These preset also where not created randomly, bit rate and compression was adjusted for the best quality so they are a very good reference.

I used Pal 25 fps, here in europe is diferent, I want to watch on full hd television. Rendered in 720p because small is difference to the eye and render time on 1080 would take twice maybe more... I am just intrested when I create h264, mp4 how much bitrate (mbps) to put?

man I have flickering... also I hate mov file and QT but mov is good quality... I am not sure is it because camera is walk speed and 25 fps or something else... that is the only thing it isnt good in this rendering... ? I am confused movies we watch on TV are 24 fps... or maybe it is because frames and formating them to jpeg?

No need to render uncompressed first, you can send direct to Media Encoder direct from AE. Lots of presets depending on your target output. I normally use H.264 mp4 setting.

One thing to remember is that if your animation contains fast moving panning shots it can help to use constant bitrate to avoid stuttering as variable can cause a spike in bitrate and cause lag in playback.