Animation problem - light calculation hanging up

rogue3d

Probably should post on the Vray forums, but every time I go there, something has changed and I have to re-register and then don't have permission to post........

ANYWAY...

Had a problem over the weekend rendering out an animation that has me stumped.

I set up the first pass of the animation to only calculate the lighting to a file (like I always do)

Vray 2.40.04

-set to not render final image

-rendered every 5th frame (of 300)

-light cache set to "fly-thu" and saved on the network

-Irradiance set to "incremental add to current map" also saved to network

Problem is that when I send the full rendering, the Light Cache file loads correctly, Vray message says it's "done". But then nothing happens just hangs. It never loads the Irradiance file from the network.

I've recalculated the Light cache file thinking it may be corrupt. I didn't have the time to re-create the irradiance so it's possible that is corrupt? Honestly never had either of these types of corrupt in the past, so I'm thinking it has something to do with the passes merging?

Just seeing if anyone else has come across this.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think it's a corruption problem because I've had bad IR maps before and it renders it just looks messed up. Have you checked your log files, are there any errors? What's the machine doing while it's supposed to be rendering?

Thanks, I figured it out.

Our IT guy thought it would be a good idea to tryout some new back-up software over the weekend. Somehow, this altered the permissions and you couldn't accesses certain files.........long story short. Once he took it off everything worked fine. But lost a weekend's worth of rendering time.

:(