Noise in sun shadows

ThomasSchmidt

(Vray - Rhino)

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone could help me fix the noise im getting in the sun's shadows.

I'm trying to achieve a soft shadow gradient but it keeps coming out too noisy.

Attached are the render and some settings (vray and sun), I'm a noob in terms of VRAY settings so they could be way off.

I've tried adjusting pretty much every parameter I think could be related but none seem to make a difference. Thanks!

Dormitorio 1.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

Untitled 1.jpg

I have never used Sketchup let along Vray for Sketchup (hopefully that is what you are using I think it is) so take my advice with a grain of salt. Best way to figure it out is to enable some render elements (hopefully you have this option in Sketchup) to see what pass the noise is in. The other option would be to try adjusting the shadow subdivs of the sun up and/or raising GI settings. Assuming the settings translate across it seems like your Light Cache subdivisions are way too low at only 300 but the majority of the GI looks fine its just where it transitions from direct light to ambient light so I would try both and see where you see it get better. No need to render the whole thing just render one of the transitions and you will be able to tell really quick.