Viewport Canvas paint color / value per direction

yp

Well, honenstly I dont know too much about scripting, I did not come further that adopting some listener infomation to my need and save out some simple "script".

I'm more or less copying a question I'm after from the 3DS section over here..

Slightly changed orig. text:

"

Intention: something similar like the orientation follow stroke option of the native object painting tool in 3ds.

How: draw a texture onto objects to be used for orientation control of objects, in this case ForestPro. The tool should be painting RGB values depending of the direction of the stroke. With this you could easily control orientation of scattered objects for e.g. a furry carpet or the moving directions of people.

Means like I'm starting from a point on the right and draw a line to the left direction it will paint e.g. red and if I'd paint from left to right it would paint green...

Then some correction:

It should be ONE color (eg. blue) and VALUES.. (luminance)

Maybe there's a use for representing 360° in RGB values too...

Maybe there is something around already or if not, does it sound tricky or impossible to achieve?

If it is unclear what I'm after and / or you're interested in the purpose please ask.

Elseif ($Answer = 0)

echo "No";

(Bad joke...) :rolleyes:

To make it a little more visual see attachment.

Render with template forest objects rotation controlled by vertex paint map (*edit* or bitmap from viewport canvas), grayscale values from 0 to 255.

Handpainted, not really practical for serious tasks, "flowing" rotation like wheat in wind and so on.

Actually it should work similar to the combing feature of hair&fur.

follow stroke VERTEX PAINT.jpg

Edited by yp