House

sai4u9

• 2 weeks later...

Looks okay. Nothing fancy but still clean. Don't know what kind of look or feel you were trying to achieve so it's a bit hard to give feedback. If it's photo-realism, then i'd say it could take some more work... But if it's to get an idea of what the structure should look like at the end of construction then i'd say it's a good go.

Two quick things.

The building needs some breathing room on all sides; feels like it's shoe-horned (squeezed) into the frame.

Light source is too dead center on the corner which is not the best way to define geometry or create a mood. If you look at the corner you'll see the tones on both sides are the same.

So white.. my eyes hurt!! If your material on the house is a pure white with a 1.0 diffuse, change your diffuse to 0.75 or somewhere around there. Your building looks like it's just about to explode in brightness.

I also second that there is too much clutter in the background, trees and plants take away from the actual building.

I think that the reason not many people are commenting is because the building doesn't make sense architecturally so you don't know where to start.

For example:

The path which would normally lead to an entry or a point of interest leads to a blank wall away from the entry.

The entry on the corner has no landing.

The windows on the green stone are strangely different sill heights.

The large green walls on the right side are sitting on a piece of molding.

There's a green wall motif but then on the left side there is a green stripe miami beach motif that comes out of nowhere.

etc.

Edited by heni30

• 3 weeks later...