tacianaviaud

1413005227.jpg

Studio/Institution: None
Client: none
Genre: Office Interior
Software: 3ds max
Description:

Hi

I would like to have some feedback on this art test that Ive been working. The toy car model was provided by the company. I had to unwrap it and create materials from bitmaps. It has to look old and used.It has to be presented on a wooden floor. Lastly look realistic as possible. This is what I have achieved.

test.jpg

And one thing I was wondering when I render with the frame buffer the image render on the frame buffer looks good but when I save it it looks fad

test3.jpg

Couple thoughts, but it is looking good.

I would pronounce the difference in materials with a bigger bump so the paint has an edge to it over the metal. Also the metal look too clean. If it has been exposed for a while, there would be rust developing over it. What caused the wear? Is it just use or would there be dints in places?

I don't like the small spots of clear coat that you added, but I think the idea of having an area of brighter paint is good. I just wouldn't go with spots, maybe the roof is a fading clear coat of the bottom of the car has less fading.

Lastly, I would build actual geometry for the floor. The map look very repetitive and not very rewalistic.

Your render is getting saved with double gamma I think. Make sure your color mapping and your save output match in terms of gamma. Color mapping should be 2.2 and your output should be default 2.2 or override to 2.2. If you save as an .EXR or any 32 bit depth then you need to override the output to 1.0. That might not be the right explanation, but this is the problem. Just test a save as override 2.2 and one as 1.0 and see which it is.

• 3 weeks later...