HELP pls..render stops at prepass 1

bugnariutudor

The render doesnt actually STOP...the time goes by but nothing more happens...it stays at that last bucket.everything was going good for the test renders..but when I bumped up the settings this thing came my way.I m using IR map with light cache. I hope u guys understand what my problem is,I ll post a print screen so u can get the idea.If u need more details from me please say so.thank u very much

Untitled.jpg

Your settings seem pretty normal to me. I'd probably use a default of medium and then go custom for a min/max of -5/-2, otherwise I wouldn't suggest anything different.

What happens when you render a half size test?

The only time I've run into a similar problem was with with dense vegetation and the irradiance map was having trouble solving the detail. It always worked at a lower res so I wound up pre-calculating an IRR at a lower res and then using it on the full size image.

so what you're saying is that I should lower the resolution and render just to see if IRR works...and if it does I can go back to my original size with the same IRR settings? sorry if I don t understand I m a little newbie. P.S forgot to say that I increased the subdivis of the grass reflection...from 8 to 32...don t know if it has anything to do with it.

I would render a test at a smaller size. If that works then you will need to look at reducing your IRR settings or consider rendering a pre-calculated pass at the smaller size and then using it as your IRR on the full res.

The more you up your subdivs, the slower it will render, but until you run out of memory, it shouldn't effect much.

I can t seem to find a newer version for max 2014. at least not a cracked one...and I won t pay 800 euros for it,as I m only doing projects for learning purposes(I have the student version).If someone has a download link I will appreciate it thank you.

No one here will provide you with this. You should know to never ask. It is illegal and immoral. Cost is something we all deal with and as a this is a professional forum, we all are creating commercial works that require commercial licenses. Those who steal not only reduce Chaos Groups ability to better their product, they also begin to affect the market as a whole. Not having the same overhead as an upstanding individual or studio puts you in at an unfair advantage and the windows for the opportunity of receiving help here will slam shut.

I can t seem to find a newer version for max 2014. at least not a cracked one...and I won t pay 800 euros for it,as I m only doing projects for learning purposes(I have the student version).If someone has a download link I will appreciate it thank you.

Chaos Group offers academic licenses for students

V-Ray Academic license – 74 EUR/ 103 USD/ 64 GBP per license

http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/vray_academic.html

As a student you are eligible to purchase an Academic license at comparable low cost to develop and practice your skills and you will be able to receive all the support you need directly from Chaos Group.

The license agreement prohibits you from producing any commercial work which you say you are not using it for that anyway.

Edited by Fr3Drick Law Olmstead

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of weeks I tried Vray 3.003, and the best thing I see in the ago, is starting the new renders, you can choose from: Custon, exterior, interior, and another 2 more.

Try to give, which you see fit, having prepared the Gamma 2.0, Good key render, and is impressive at first, it seems that now we must not walk with both setins, Vray, now this new tool brings I think, very good Setins.

Julián García