First attempt a night shot

Joe Luckett

I really think it is a nice image. My comments would be simple. If I were your Senior I would maybe push you to find a more enticing camera angle or do a better job on the layout and furniture design.

The only other comment would be to reduce your saturation and glow a bit while increasing your contrast. Nothing major, but perhaps like the attached:

Minor_Changes.jpg

Nice job.

Edit:

It has dawned on me that the image I posted back to you is barely different. On my screen the difference is much more noticeable, but perhaps that is more to the point... It doesn't need much.

Edited by CoreyMBeaulieu

There are few issues if you ask:

It's falling to the left, both literally and abstractly. In first, your verticals aren't alligned, but it's only noticeable on the left, either keep them all straight (easier option), or keep the distortion more neutral.

For the latter, your focal point is far too left, like between 1/5 and 1/4 of the image. It should at best , be in 1/3. With such wide angle lens, I would not try to break the rules of composition.

Regarding lighting, there's something odd about the Sky refraction in glass. While the background seems to have correct horizon, what's the warm sunset reflection bellow horizon ? How did those clouds make it there ?

Materials: The wood is badly mapped. Usually you can get away with such things, but here it's the most dominant feature of the room so, I would pay attention to it. Also adjust the specularity of that material.

White walls: More chamfers, less AO.

Otherwise, not bad :- )

That image in the back is terrible - so imposing and distracting. I think you can find something better.

The chairs look crudely modeled - the arm rests and the seat cushion. Especially because you can see them up close.

Getting something high quality will make your image high quality.

The bottles' shapes look a little strange - like they're bottles of Vodka instead of water.

Edited by heni30

In the interest of learning... I would say that you should take all that everyone has said and will say and start another project. You clearly have some successes here and some areas to improve on. Juraj especially gave you some great advice, bu there is no need to tweak a not so great premise until it becomes believably not so great.

You should find some sort of precedence and try again. Experience is the best way to improve and clients have deadlines so you should try not to dwell on images. Take what you can use again and move one, always looking to improve.

Really appreciate the feedback all. With regards to the design, I'm only the visualiser and not the designer so with regards to the furniture spec, finishes and back wall graphic I have very little design input. The image on the back wall is part of the client's company branding so whilst it might be imposing and distracting it was not my choice.

Corey, could you perhaps explain what might be a more effective camera angle or what I should take into account when positioning the camera in future?

Completely appreciate the comments about the sky in the window view. I was not 100% happy with it but had to settle on it due to time constraints, if anyone knows of any sites or places to get good backgrounds/environments, that would be helpful?

Juraj, thank you for your comments. I will work on these aspects on my next project and post another WIP.

Thanks all.