Urban Legends of CG(A)

nisus

Hi all,

I picked this up on another thread...

ther used to be a story that went around our architecture school about one of the TA's. it was about him fallig asleep while pulling an all nighter. conking out while he was waiting for model pieces to dry, and as a result, glueing his eyelid shut. ...an urban legend for sure, but we got a kick out of it.
(credits to Crazy Homeless Guy)

What other Urban Legends about CGA do you know? ;-)

rgds

nisus

halo!!!

well these story is not an urban legend. it has been shared to us by our teacher. well they had this classmate who was either always sleeping or drunk when they were making their project and architectural model. then one night, when he went to their work area drunk again, one of their members devised a way to him a lesson. since he was alcoholically saturated, they pulled of his pants, tied a string to one of his toe nails then another to his manly unit. then they lit a candle near his foot. when he reacted to the heat, his foot kicked which eventually pulled his man tool. fortunately, it was not cut off. however, it taught his friend a valuable lesson, to wear a chastity belt next time he gets drunk. :)

Ouch!! Glad I didn't have classmates like that! We drank in the studio all the time in undergrad and had a beer machine (old Coke bottle machine) in our studio in grad. Alcohol/caffeine/adrenaline can be a pretty potent combination and keep you going for a long time.

I did fall asleep during a crit (not mine, thank God) standing up. My friends had quite a chuckle over that one.

my roomate was up for an insane amount of time, until he was getting dellusional. he freaked out and thought he missed the rapture! no kidding. the people that saw it said it was pretty funny, i wasnt there at the time. i guess he was pretty convinced that he was out of luck and it took a lot of convincing to get him to come around...

There was a guy in my school, not thinking straight during a long charette, try to open a tube of superglue by holding the cap with his teeth and pulling the tube by grasping it hard with his hand. As the tube finally released the cap in a sudden burst, he accidently ended up squeezing all the glue out of the tube into his mouth. He survived but it was scary.