Max 2015 Selection tool

Sketchrender

I have had trouble with the Crossing window.... regardless of how it is set in you preferences, it only works with the manual toggle on the ribbon.

I believe I read something about this being a bug that the latest service pack/hotfix resolves, but I have yet to upgrade.

If you switch to a legacy driver like Direct 3D it should go away.

I'm having this issue also, particularly with small objects that I'm zoomed far out from. Say I drag-select an entire room of objects, sometimes it'll miss a few window sills or something. I find I have to double-check by moving the objects to see if any are left behind!

Welcome to the world of 2015 suckitude. I have this problem as well... If you find a solution please let me know.

In other news regarding 2015, In scenes with a lot of objects, I have found that drawing new objects is a real bear. I believe this is because of our wondrous new layer manager/scene explorer. When closed and completely off screen, objects draw at near-normal rates. When you next open the Layer Manager it will take a while to rebuild, but I have found that this one time lag outweighs the continuous lag. Drawing and placing new lights is a particular issue, but I think only because of the number of clones for large scenes rather than it being a light specific issue.

I think 2015 is good, but the few bugs it has for the everyday user can be really annoying. Please share any workarounds.

I think this is a known bug, it happens to me, too.

It's best if you report it to AD.

Sometimes I wonder how they manage to implement these new bugs that never happened before...

I have no idea how they miss this stuff. It becomes blatantly obvious after a few days use that you're not just imagining that you somehow missed that object in your selection marquee

Solution with a catch http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-3ds-max-design-general/trial-version-max-2015-there-bug/m-p/5019296#M93862 or the original post at http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=7811994#post7811994

Catch being it may slow down selection if there are lots of objects in the scene. Am yet to test

Edited by Richard7666