Tips needed

alejandrofernandez

Hi,

I just finished this render, I just need to know what could be improved, I´m always having problems with lighting, all my renders look dark. Im using vray, with catmull rom, vray plane lights (no vray sun), vray physical cam with 6000 temperature.

Also if someone could help with some tips to how make it a bit more realistic.

So please if you have any tips on anything to make this better please HELP. (Camera view, materials, colors, lighting, etc....

Here´s the image.

KIT.jpg

First thing that jumps out at me is that the wood texture is repeating on every single piece. You will need to find more textures to mix and and work with your UV to make it not noticeable that it is the same. This goes for the floor as well. I think you need to lower the glossy value on the countertop, the reflections are too mirror like IMO.

The lighting is confusing, I don't see any light from outside but it is bright out there why is it not coming into the window?

Another easy thing to do to make the image more interesting is to chamfer all the edges, this will pickup nice highlights and not look so CG.

Not sure if this is final render quality but the AA is quite bad, I would up that a bit until the edges smooth out. With a image where everything is straight lines like this is becomes very distracting.

In real life there would be something in front of this, a table and some chairs or whatever you want but right now it looks like I am viewing an apartment for rent rather than a space where someone lives. This area is a good place to give the image some layers and depth and is where the really great artists shine and why their images look so real. Imagine a table there with chairs and maybe place settings and a centerpiece that blocks out part of the boring wall on the left and gives that area some visual interest. If you move the camera slightly you can get that area to be one of the focal points for the rule of thirds.

As far as your images always looking dark are we talking about in the render window or when you save or both? You will need to make sure you have your Gamma properly setup, there are tons of threads devoted to the subject so I will not go into it but I would have a look.