vegetation renders dark

philvanderloo

I brought some vegetation into my scene from another project and it all renders black. I checked the material structure in both scenes and it's the same.

So what should I be looking for to correct this. Seems like a map gamma issue but I'm not sure how to address it.

Notice the ivy on the wall and the bushes along the fence line. All black.

Thank You.

Mainshop_11_22_14.jpg

Phil,

I don't have anything for your vegetation issues, but I noticed you have a 2 shadow situation on your house. Do you have 2 Direct light sources? You have a sky in you background, is there a possibility that you are using an HDRI and a Sun? If so, you nd to pick one to overpower the other and expose accordingly or at least place your sun where your HDRI has it exactly.

It could also be that the geometry works differently than it looks in your image in which case things are fine.

Yes Thanks Corey. I've been using an HDRI image in 2 material slots, 1 as lighting and 1 as a background. And, among other tests, I've been rotating the lighting around to see if it affects the color or lighting of the bushes. I haven't yet linked my sun to my HDRI image sun but I realize I need to do this. Thanks for the pointer.

Phil

I know Chris. As I'm still learning, I keep trying different recommendations/tutorials and this project has been experimented with so long it's just a big mess.

It's tough when you're just learning on your own and don't really have anyone to show you a solid workflow. You just keep trying different things until your scene becomes a cluster F*_&k.