Color Difference Between Buckets: One Machine Same Objects

Corey Beaulieu

I searched the forum and didn't see anything so i wanted to post this question,

I am rendering a rather large scene on a local machine, no DR. All of my maps are UNC Pathed and in the same location.

When my render is complete I see the outline of buckets in different places. It isn't all over, but there are quite a few and mostly in Vegetation. The shift in color occurs across the same object.

Any ideas? I'm trying to set off a V2 soon.

I searched the forum and didn't see anything so i wanted to post this question,

I am rendering a rather large scene on a local machine, no DR. All of my maps are UNC Pathed and in the same location.

When my render is complete I see the outline of buckets in different places. It isn't all over, but there are quite a few and mostly in Vegetation. The shift in color occurs across the same object.

Any ideas? I'm trying to set off a V2 soon.

Do you have vray2sidedmtl on your vegetation? Or even forest color. Try using VrayMtl and see if that solves it.

Yes, there is a bug somewhere. Not sure if it is a chaosgroup or itoosoft issue, but it is described by the administrators on the itoosoft forums. I believe it was forest pack with 2sidedmtl used in a scene with hdri dome. Sorry I dont have the link right now, i was scourging the net for a solution a while ago regarding this problem. It is so important to have a reliable render process, so I simply use vraymtl. Havent seen a fix. But maybe putting the 2sided in a forest material is a viable workaround too. I also find it more stable after upgrading to vray3.

Yes, there is a bug somewhere. Not sure if it is a chaosgroup or itoosoft issue, but it is described by the administrators on the itoosoft forums. I believe it was forest pack with 2sidedmtl used in a scene with hdri dome. Sorry I dont have the link right now, i was scourging the net for a solution a while ago regarding this problem. It is so important to have a reliable render process, so I simply use vraymtl. Havent seen a fix. But maybe putting the 2sided in a forest material is a viable workaround too. I also find it more stable after upgrading to vray3.

That's confirmed here as well ;)

Did some quick searches, but unfortunately didn't find the post. It's logical to think it was/is a vray problem. Check it up with vray3 at work and maybe leave a question on the itoosoft forums (I suppose you guys at neoscape use forest pack). Hopefully the administrator there remembers the issue. I'll let you know in this thread if I encounter it again too.