Problem: Vray for sketchup 1 rendering per open

Sho-Time1

Hey Guys i'm having an issue with vray for sketchup. After opening a scene I can hit the render button and Vray will produce the image. However after i make an adjustment to the material or view the scene will render very brightly and almost a completely white image. However if i close the sketchup file and reopen it I will again be allowed to render 1 scene before it goes bright/white again... Does anybody have any insight as to why this may be happening thanks

Thanks for the reply. Im using sketchup pro 2014 and vray 2.0. I think I found a work around for the issue. The model size was about 230 MB, after I erased a lot of the extra high poly models I was able to render without running into that issue. I wasn't aware there was a size limit but perhaps its a RAM issue? Either way I will be sure to keep the scene as small as possible.

Thanks again

2015 and VR for 2015 is not 64 bit - if you plan on working on monster files like this, I would say you HAVE to upgrade.

250MB is really insanity for a SU file. I have made very complex files and never exceeded 150MB. Get TIG's Purge All script and run it frequently. You will be surprised how much junk lives in your file. I also recommend Thom Thom's Cleanup3 script which I run on all hi poly imports.

All of these can be found on SketchUcation's plugin store and are free.