VFB and ISO/shutter speed

Jon Berntsen

Max/vray3. I am trying to get my head around something that I can't find any documentation on from chaosgroup. When I am trying to region render tests with different ISO or shutter speed in the vrayphysicalcamera and VFB, it seem to update everything outside of the region rendered as well. No need to mention that this makes me unable to test render regions with different camera settings. Have I missed a setting somewhere where I can turn this function off? I can't remember experiencing this in vray2.4. Thanks

Thanks for your pronto response, Chris. Yes, I have VRay lens effects in the scene, but it's not active eighter in Effects or the VFB lens effect settings. I thought that might be the issue too, so therefor I unticked all of them before posting here.

I tried to delete the Lens effect from Effects now, and it stopped updating the ISO or shutter outside the region. I then added it again, with it still unticked, and know what, it still does not update outside of the region. Good, but very strange. I didn't do anything else than removing and adding it, and the problem is gone. I'd really like to figure out what was causing this, but I'll guess I have to do that later. Don't know how to recreate the problem. :p

Chris, might be what happens here. Anyway, I think I figured something out. When you have the Bloom and Glare masks and / or Lenseffectsource render pass(es), this will happen. Once they are not in the VFB pass/channel list, everything outside of the render region stays the same when I am changing ISO and shutter speed in my physcam.