LensEffectsSource overly bright

Jon Berntsen

Hi! I have problems getting LensEffectsSource to a normal brightness level. Lens Effects adds white bright pixels where there are supposed to be no bright spots. I suspect it might be my LensEffectsSource pass, which is in general overly bright. Thought it was linear. I am working with LWF and my rgb pass is looking good. Anyone? Thanks for any input on this.

RGB:

1.jpg

LensEffectsSource:

2.jpg

Here is an update. I managed to steer the LensEffectsSource down to normal levels, but it is still producing white pixels.

3.jpg

So I guess it's a typical hot pixel thing, but it is only happening in the LensEffectsSource, and I don't know how to get rid of it. Subpixel mapping is ticked.

Here is an update. I managed to steer the LensEffectsSource down to normal levels, but it is still producing white pixels.

3.jpg

So I guess it's a typical hot pixel thing, but it is only happening in the LensEffectsSource, and I don't know how to get rid of it. Subpixel mapping is ticked.

The LensEffectsSource ignores Sub-Pixel Mapping according to Vlado.

So this is not going to help you at all.

If you have V-Ray 3.0:

Enable Max ray intensity in Global Switches.

Disable Clamp output and Sub-Pixel Mapping.

If below V-Ray 3.0:

Disable Clamp output and Sub-Pixel Mapping and try try to work this around by increasing secondary rays.

You should search Chaos forums more often, this question is answered a lots of times there.