vray rt problem with cuda and open cl

afkariaziz1

Hello,

We are doing our architecture competition project and we need to do the animation quickly as possible before the submission.

CPU takes wayyyy too long time to render single frame and when i tried to do the open cl on my ati r7 265 and it crashed. Cuda works but it looks beeping ugly. CPU is fine though time is too long. I did try to attach the opencl device through the vray rt folder.

On my other friends computer with his quadro K2200 and i tried to render it on cuda and it crashed too. Open cl works fine and nice but what i felt is that cuda is little bit better and little bit faster.

can you guys help to make the cuda and open cl work? the version is vray rt 3.0 and the modelling is in 3ds max.

Thanks

Hello,

We are doing our architecture competition project and we need to do the animation quickly as possible before the submission.

CPU takes wayyyy too long time to render single frame and when i tried to do the open cl on my ati r7 265 and it crashed. Cuda works but it looks beeping ugly. CPU is fine though time is too long. I did try to attach the opencl device through the vray rt folder.

On my other friends computer with his quadro K2200 and i tried to render it on cuda and it crashed too. Open cl works fine and nice but what i felt is that cuda is little bit better and little bit faster.

can you guys help to make the cuda and open cl work? the version is vray rt 3.0 and the modelling is in 3ds max.

Thanks

This is odd. How come a Quadro K2200 which is a CUDA card crashes on a CUDA task?

How come an OpenCL card, which doesn't even hade CUDA, is able to render?

I had crashes related to the HDRI. I used a 200MB+ exr. Try switching to something less demanding.

Also IMO, keep rendering with the CPU. Both these cards are not that strong for Vray-RT, especially not the Quadro.

I updated my ati with beta driver and my friends quadro latest driver too. I am trying to post at vray forum but i cant post at all even my account is activated....

Try contacting the tech support directly by Email.

Also, in order to post in the forums contact the forums admin.

• 2 weeks later...