Stability issues with max design 2015?

philvanderloo

Is anyone else having issues w/ max design 2015 or am I the only one?

I'm running 2015 64 bit, VRay 3.0, using Forest Pack Lite, (which may or may not be part of the issue), but I can hardly get through a session without the app crashing. I've been corresponding with my pc dealer, Autodesk, and Itoo for months. 4 graphics cards later I'm still crashing constantly.

Is anyone else having issues w/ max design 2015 or am I the only one?

I'm running 2015 64 bit, VRay 3.0, using Forest Pack Lite, (which may or may not be part of the issue), but I can hardly get through a session without the app crashing. I've been corresponding with my pc dealer, Autodesk, and Itoo for months. 4 graphics cards later I'm still crashing constantly.

mine works just fine - pretty much have the same setup but i have forest pro

Ditto on working fine. Max has the latest service packs and all software is up to date. No stability issues other than the minor atypical max ones that persist among all versions.

What are you doing when it crashes? Is it repeatable? Are you linking revit files that include revit lights and or autodesk materials? Those alone will crash max like it's cool if you use vray.

• 2 weeks later...

Our Max 2015 at work with Quadro 2000 definitely came with issues on all computers with the latest Service Pack installed. The buttons on top would not reload automatically sometimes and would only appear when you go through their places with the mouse cursor. Also the viewport has this very annoying problem with displaying textures where instead of textures you would see white, self illuminated-like material, issue solvable when you switch to Consistent colors mode but that sucks anyways...

I have the same issues at home I have GTX 670 and have the same issues.

Like Scott says- do you only get that issue working on that specific project or does it repeat through several of them?

Maybe try the new Forest Pack Pro beta version- I got it the other day and could possibly be the culprit...

Good luck.