Would love some feedback on my work/ Help making it Photo-Realistic

jamiemarshall

1418611453.jpg

Studio/Institution: None
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: 3DS Max. Vray. Photoshop
Description:

Hi,

So this is most of my Arch Vis Portfolio work. I like where most of it is right now, but its obviously not photorealistic in the slightest.

http://imgur.com/a/m15Wu#0

If people could look at it and suggest ways in how I could achieve this, or just point out general problems, I would be incredibly grateful.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jamie,

In my experience, there is no secret way of getting something to look photo real. The best thing I could suggest is keep improving your skills so you are no longer thinking about how to get something to look the way you want - you are just able to do it. Then, you can take a photo and attempt to replicate in 3D. The photo will give you all the info you need to make something look real and all you have to is use your improved skills to get this result.

With regards to your image, it's nice. I would drop the camera slightly, fix the horizon (looks like we are tilted back) and work on the realism of the textures. Other than that, it's a great start.

Alain

Get some sun into the room to have some detailed shadows. Weird reflection in the door to the balcony. How high is your building? Judging from your background you are at least 60-80 meters up? Wood texture of the sideboard needs more love. Put something on the wall behind the sofa it is to empty.

Then render and play with photoshop. You are not to far off.