Glass reflects dark outside environment - white sweep

landrvr1

Hey gents, I've got a simple interior scene set within a white sweep environment. A problem I've always had is that the outside environ above the horizon line always renders dark in glass reflections. Anyone know how to resolve this issue? I've played around with reflection override but that does nothing. You can see the problem at the right side of the image. Above the horizon it's really grey.

background.JPG

I was having the same issue. It has something to do with the refraction environment override. You can check off the override option in the Vray environment rollout and put a image or color that you want to show through the glass. Do you have an hdri or something in your refraction or reflection override slots already? This is what was causing me to see darkness through my glass. It was rendering my hdr environment behind it. Another trick I found was to put a white plane behind my glass so that it blocked out the HDR environment showing through the glass. Probably a weird thing to do, but I still haven't figured it all out yet. I know that messing around with that helps, but I'd also love to know the correct way to fix this problem.