Living Room render

jagjitrana

1418848433.jpg

Studio/Institution: Personal
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: 3DS max, vray
Description:

I was aiming for a nice eye pleasing living room render. Think I have met that aim. I'm not sure what else I can add to it, perhaps you guys can provide some valuable feedback, I'm sure I've missed something, or could enhance it. Thanks everyone :)

Addtionally something not related to the render, am I allowed to bump an older thread of mine?

Thanks for clicking on this thread

As Philippe mentioned, there is a lack of natural light / it doesn't match the background image. The colors (to me) could use some work too. Try and YouTube some quick (5-10min) videos on color theory. There is too much yellow stuff. It makes the image look a bit flat and dull. I really like the curtain color, but I think that should be the only large and colorful element in the scene. Try and keep the walls white and the furniture in a more neutral fabric. I think that would make the image stronger.

The furniture seems to float. Add some subtle contact shadows in photoshop. Lastly, what is the thing on the carpet?

Keep it up, we all have room for improvements ;)

Hi there, thanks for replying guys, I think I left a light for the painting on the carpet. It seems I forgot to hide, before I rendered! Additionally in regards to light setup, I have a combination of vray hdri, and sun. I had vray sky, within the skylight override, within Vray:environment. I had the HDRI in the reflection/refraction override. Changed the vray sky to the hdri. Additionally changed the wall color to a very very light blue.

testLivingRoom2.jpg

Okay adjusted the texture on the sofa, it (imo) looks a lot better.[ATTACH=CONFIG]52397[/ATTACH]

I think some textures might be a little bit too reflective, almost sparkly. The sofa on the left side and the floor at some places. Maybe there's too much bump on those textures and it accentuate the reflectivity too much? Overall scene looks better tho.

Edit : Or, I guess it's just noise, overall image is very noisy. Do you have a final render in high res to show us?

What is the camera lens that you are using? And are you using a procedural map for sofa?

Using a VrayPhysicalCamera, with film gate at 40mm and 31mm focal length, with 4 as the f number, 200 shutter speed. Using a bump map only for the sofa, as welll as a falloff map for the diffuse, and a variation of the bump map for the reflection.

livingRoomTest4.jpg

Just need to adjust the wood texture and need to put a few things in the cabinet. Will adjust the circle on the roof to make it smoother.

EDIT:livingRoomTest5.jpg tried rendering in a 16:9 resolution

need to adjust the damage on the glass to make it more subtle

Edited by jagjitrana

• 2 weeks later...