Bottom Line: What are the most realistic trees available that you have found?

TomasEsperanza

Evermotion, Speedtree, Onyx, Xfrog, Vizpark, Laubwerk, etc etc...

Which brand, library, volume, and models are of "top-notch" quality in your view?

I don't want to spend my days shopping for assets, (to be honest I'm more interested in buildings!), so...

Bottom Line: What are the most realistic trees available that you have found?

Now I know some people are going think "well we don't all want to use the same assets!" - and I agree, but should we accept quality based on what commercial providers deem to be "realistic" or, vote with our feet and only purchase the best, therefore raising the bar for the standard of commercial tree assets?

Well if for polygon count matters, Evermotion is far ahead :p, most of the trees and materials are very well implemented, most of them can hold and very close up shot.

Onyx and X frog are more "accurate" geometry, not high polygon count but real deformation and the way a plant grow. If you have the software you can adjust how many polygons you get, to be able to get a nice bumps or displ mats.

Vizpark I think they use grow FX so they can get very accurate to the real plant, but it depend of the artist really shaders, are good too. Other company that uses the same software are, R&D group, their plants are very nice modeled and textured. some of them look very real.

To me if I don't want to think about it, I use Evermotion and R&D plants, if I need a specific plant I go XFrog or Onyx, but with Onyx I will always have to spend serious time setting up materials, XFrogs texture gamma and alphas are always an issue, though. but once you have fixed that they work very good.

• 2 weeks later...