some objects are INVISIBLE! iray renderer

erkutacar

lol yes actually those see-through parts in the image r not visible to camere so that i can get a 3d floor plan render but as u know iray is physcally correct so even if the object is invisible to camere, iray ignores it :) here is a mentalray render of the same geometry.

012.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

its very weird man, i thought it didnt support generic autodesk materials so i switched to a&d mats, the living room is fine now but when i change something, another object becomes invisible :D for instance i applied a&d mat to a desk in the bedroom, then it became visible. but the tv on the table became invisible. oh and tv's legs were visible :D so naturally i thought it was material issue and i applied override material from render dialog and applied a standard mat. now the tv was visible but the wardrobe doors were invisible :D im going insane :D it does the same thing with both ies lights and standard photometric lights and also with daylight only

That is bizzare... may be Iray is possessed... do a cleansing ritual(reinstall 3dsmax)... lol

I tried recreating your issue but have absolutely no problems with my scenes. All work no probs.

Please share your MAX file, really want to see this amazingness of iray... :p

Edited by siddharthkolte

I was going to suggest checking the materials. We were rendering a scene in Mental ray last week and one of my accessories was invisible in the render. When I looked into it it had v-ray materials assigned instead of A&D. I had two versions of the accessory with different materials and put the wrong one in the scene. The weird thing was I had no error messages in the render.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk