Hi! I'm introducing on-line service archivizer.com

archivizercom

Hello! Our name is archivizer, our service is one of the first that began to specialize in photorealistic visualization that helps designers and architects in their projects. We are located in Kiev Ukraine, and we might to do all of kinds of designers job, from designing till 3d rendering etc. Please visit us at http://www.archivizer.com and see our projects. We are always open to co-work.

Thanks for getting back to me on pricing; and, of course, the answer is "it depends" although people would like a ballpark range to get an

idea of your fee structure.

Soooooo.....................here are some of your images. Could we get a price for these? thanks.

rend 3.jpg

rend 1.jpg

rend 2.jpg

Edited by heni30

So i can give you some approx price for our work: see picts below

1.The interior. It was big project with a lot of different views, for whole project it was 23h=310.5$ for one picture it is much cheaper of course

2.Townhouse. Spent time 10h=135$

3.Office. Spent time 8h=108$

If you want to be respected on the US/EU arch-viz market, set your pricing to local standards and play fair with others. Dosnt matter if you living in a country where you can live for 500$ a month, others cant and this kind of approach kills their wage. Attach your clients with quality and speed, not lowest prices.

• Administrators
If you want to be respected on the US/EU arch-viz market, set your pricing to local standards and play fair with others.

Agree 100%, the globalization of pricing aside, the optics of charging $100 a render makes you look unprofessional and potentially unreliable. If you're unreliable, you're out of business before you even start. The rate for a single image in North America is $1500-3500 on average. Also, don't sell yourself short. You have very nice work and your rates should be reflective on the calibre of your work, not where you live. You should EASILY be able to get away charging $1000+ an image with that quality. I would certainly not go below $500 though. Even that is low IMHO.

So I private messaged Max (who original posted this thread) to get more info and he offered to do a test render. I sent him a 3d scene that I had downloaded a while back and sent it to him with no lighting, no textures. No instructions - "see what you can come up with."

PRE 1.jpg

This is what I got 2 days later:

AV file 2-10.jpg

Not too shabby.

Edited by heni30

The rate for a single image in North America is $1500-3500 on average.

That would be nice. It isn't the reality among the lion's share of available commissions though. As an average, it's a pretty big range and you have a massive amount of $500 commissions to offset the 'multi-image marketing package rockstar contracts'.

To get an accurate picture relevant to this conversation, you would need to drill down by specific contract amounts within a given radius to determine what the threshold is for choosing to commission outside borders as well as correlate that to the number of images per commission and self-reported data is always going to be skewed by your available sample. I agree that a vendor 'should' be able to price work based on quality and reliability and not based on geography but that isn't the way the business works and everyone knows that. Just look toward the VFX industry to see how well that's working out for all involved. We 'should' be able to provide top quality education to any person in the world free of charge but that isn't going to happen either. Yes, the comparison is ludicrous but it illustrates the point.

With a budget of $3500 for a single image, there is absolutely no reason to source beyond borders. Many firms won't even consider sending work out unless it's under $1000 knowing they will still have to pay someone to either fly out to the vendor to direct the work themselves or dedicate a local rep to coordinate as a significant part of their time and that decision is often made based more on scope and time than anything else.

Any new vendor (not a one-man shop or a guy/girl and his/her roomie) needs to find that sweet spot of pricing to attract multi-image commissions and develop a lasting vendor-supplier relationship and that line is in constant motion.

There is also the shift to monthly subscription models that further erodes the barrier to entry. Years ago, you needed $10,000 to invest in a full Adobe production seat and now you can do it for $75/month at most (single seat, all products, 30-day commitment). You can bust out a ton of work in 30 days.

It's a large issue that we often go around and around debating but it all boils down to what get's the contract signed on any given job and keeps things moving in a positive direction and that needs to be a part of any new studio's long term strategy. If there isn't a strategy, the business will fail.

So I private messaged Max (who original posted this thread) to get more info and he offered to do a test render. I sent him a 3d scene that I had downloaded a while back and sent it to him with no lighting, no textures. No instructions - "see what you can come up with."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52587[/ATTACH]

This is what I got 2 days later:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52588[/ATTACH]

Not too shabby.

he did a good job

• 2 weeks later...

This thread kinda makes me sad. To see someone from what is effectively a European city, producing pretty bloody good renders, for less than what someone makes working at McDonalds...

And hell, I know Kiev isn't London or Tokyo, but it's still probably relatively expensive to live?