Vray - noise caused by lighting - cant get rid of it

dominikmateasik

Hello

I got this problem of having noise in render which is most probably caused by vray lights (sphere and plane).It appears in the area of the windows(even if i render the window area without any glass result is the same) with the ligths behind them.

Now this would be completely normal,the weird part is that i cant find the way to clear the noise out .Ive used different render elements to find out where the problem lies and the only two showing the noise are VrayLighting and VrayRefraction(while there was still a glass). Now ive tried everything i can think of-ramping up the subdivs of the glass material up to 256 (then rendered without any glass as mentioned),ramping up the lights subdivs up to 256,antialiasing is set to min1,max8, and showing pretty clean pass, antialiasing shouldnt be solving this problem though,noise threshold is at 0.005 which should be sufficient enough and lowering it is taking forever to render,tweaking the GI in any way possible didnt help as well, even trying the new Vray 3.0 feature of presets from lowest to production quality didnt do a thing. I might be overlooking sth but theres nothing else i could try that i know of.Good to mention i got "Divide shading subdivs" ticked off as well.

See attachments for severel render elements,especially the VrayLighting and VrayTotalLighting one where the noise is showing off. It causes the noise to appear in RGB (also attached)

Thanks so much for any help in advance.

GI.JPG

total lighting.JPG

RGB.jpg

HDRI.JPG

lighting.JPG

Wish I bet more now that I was right! This question has been coming up a lot here and on the Chaos forums, when people have tried everything it seems to always turn out to be Probabalistic lights. Its good in theory, it partially samples each light (good if you have tons of lights) but in practice it seems to always introduce noise that can not be cleaned. Maybe raising the value would be enough but I always just turn it off.

At one point Vlado said they were going to tweak it but I am not sure if that has happened yet, I have not installed the latest version yet.