What i have to do to achieve a real view

iyhabi

Hi guys,

I'm an architect, working in Lebanon,

This is my render photo, i tried so hard to achieve a realistic picture i worked so hard on very small details of the models and the materials, now i'm so disappointed because as you can see the result is so far away form what i thought it would be, any one can tell me where was my fault, Material?, Modeling?, Lighting?, and how can i fix that, i know that i can do Post - production to add background or using Hdri may help but i think that doesn't fix my real problem

dsad.jpg

you an architect= means you designed this? well. sorry, but the design is one big issue..furthermore: the materials...its all too greyish.. the walls, the sand,even the lawn... put some interior into the building, some plants, a proper background, get rid of the black box and the corny umbrella...there is so much u can do!

thank you so much, i knew that the building isn't that good, because i took it from a residential tower i've designed just to try it with a new environment "like this one", i thought about adding some masses or edit some part of the building then i stopped because my goal of this test is to involve any Mass to a realistic environment.

I'm thinking about the material of the ground, reflection of the glass and water, the lighting and the camera.... i don't know!!!. how should i study the environment to achieve a natural look?

Its not that bad, I mean with some more details, better lighting and background it could work. What I would do; remove the umbrella, I haven´t seen one of those in years especially in the type of enviroment I guess you are trying to create, it looks old and its blocking some of the building which is what you are trying to show, that huge brown box its too dark, I see some detail there, but the darkness doesn`t really let me see it, the "beach chairs" are bad, they look too fake, there are better models out there, that redish stone on the left looks antiquated, it doesn´t fit the overall scene, the building looks modern so stick up to that style, maybe some concrete flooring or some grayish tiling would work better. The grass, hills and overall vegetation looks dry, pump up the colors, make it brighter. Personally when I do exteriors I use HDRI, but if not instead of showing the hills in the background I would put a wall surrounding the property and add sky. I´d like to see when your done with it, hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...