Natural Gas Processing Plant

mehdyt

1423755926.jpg

Studio/Institution: personal
Genre: Industrial Exterior
Software: 3ds Max 2014 , Vray
Description:

WIP03.jpg

As explained in my newbie introduction , I work in a natural gas processing plant.

I have been doing 3D as a hobby for several years so now that I'm quite confident with my skills I think it's time to have a try at modeling my workplace ( not a small office :cool: )

WIP05.jpg

The place is big ( 450m long ) with hundreds of equipments ( columns , pumps , turbines ) thousands of valves and instruments , and of course a huge number of pipes ( don't want to count those now ! ).

It's a personal project so I'm not in a hurry

WIP01.jpg

WIP04.jpg

WIP02.jpg

Edited by mehdyt

Welcome!

Try moving your cameras closer to the subject. You are so far away that the viewer does not feel part of the scene. Find places that a real person would stand if working at this facility and put a camera there. What do you see? I bet it's amazing. Maybe there is a story to tell, of pipes flowing from one bit of machinery to another.

3D is fun, get in there and play.

Find places that a real person would stand if working at this facility and put a camera there.

Thanks for the advice , will try this approach for the next renders

Looks like a real labor of love.

Thanks , this is just the beginning and I don't want to push myself too much , it is more about learning ( for now :) )