Vray green spots/splotches

jamisonlb

This is a large file that was started by the last person to work at my office. It was copied three times and each file has a different angle in it. Two of the files work just fine and even this file works with different camera angles but when i render this view there are crazy splotches all over the image. No matter what settings. Ive replaced the environment, the sun, the camera, and half of the geometry. Re linked the proxies, and even moved another working camera to this side of the site, and still no luck. Anyone have any idea what is causing these?! They are driving me crazy thanks

Three of the attachments show it with the splotches and one shoes a dif view working great.

splotches 3.JPG

splotches.JPG

red splotches.JPG

working angle.JPG

I'd check the raytrace map as mentioned above. I haven't seen this type of error in years. It used to happen in one of several situations. If the raytrace map doesn't fix it check to see if there is some plugin / non native element in the scene. back in the day there was a product called RPC that was short for real people content, it was people maps placed in a scene to look like 3D, they would sometimes cause this effect do to overbright returns in the early days of vray. another thing that would cause it is a piece of corrupt geometry. the only way to pinpoint the piece is to merge everything one at time into a new file and re-render each time. once you see the splotches chances are the last object merged is the culprit.

Thanks guys. Are you referring to the ray trace reflections box on each separate material, or is there a global method?

the individual material slot, ratraced map. But also check to make sure there is no raytraced shaders either. there was a script that would find all raytraced materials and maps.....might still be around on scriptspot. if not, set your material editor to show all maps for the current scene and delete all the raytraced ones. check the lights and make sure all shadows are set to vray too. not sure if a raytraced shadow would do this or not, but couldn't hurt to check.

Thanks for the help guys. Started going through the raytraced shaders and came across one of the small bush proxies that had broken its material link. The correct path was still in there but just wasn't connecting to the bitmaps correctly. I re linked the bitmap for the leafs and the entire image started working perfectly. Weird. Thanks again. The Vbola virus has been cured.

cheers