Vray render Orthographic elevations

torstenmiddelkoop

Hi there,

I need to make renders with VrayPhysical camera but not in perspective. I want to render the elevations of a building. I am familiar wit the VRay Orthographic Rendering Camera Rig, but i can't seem to fit the building into the frame.

Does anyone have some tips regarding orthographic rendering in vray? I am using Max 2014.

Gr,

Torsten

This is a render and not an animation? I would not use a camera rig. Just go to the ortho view you want and then use the Exposure Control under Environment and Effects (shortcut 8).

You can set the mode to Photographic and change the Shutter, f-number and ISO values. If you have a camera in the scene that already has settings you like, you can set the Exposure Control mode to From Vray Camera and then just select the camera you like.

Hi Ben,

Never thougt about just using the orthoviews. But what I would like is to have a camera. In that way i can lock the view when making different renders/renderlayers. I am used to Blender and the Cycles render enginge. With this program you can just set the camera to orthographic. I already have some perspective camera's setup with good exposures. And yes it are just stills, not animation.