Lighting influence on rendering bitmaps

charlieinolas

Hi,

Any clue if it's possible to exclude an object (with bitmap on it) from lighthing, exposure etc, so that the bitmap retained its original brightness and colors after the render is done ? In other words - so that any light, camera f-stop etc. would not affect this bitmap?

In my case it's 3ds max.

thx!

Here is the thing, I believe that your problem is gamma, check the gamma input in your image, render with no light, if then it look OK, then it should render fine, now this won't give you the same brightness that you have of your single image because the software is doing exactly what it should, applying light and shadows to your texture to fit the scene.

You can also eye bowling the RGB values in the bitmap options in your texture to fine-tune the brightness .

You can also load that image with a HDR VRay shader and adjust gamma and levels there, but if your image is 8 bit only you won't get too far.

You can exclude from lights and shadows within Max, you can't exclude from camera exposure.

If you exclude from lighting, then you need to use a V Ray light material to load your texture and adjust the intensity.

The best thing will be render per passes, background first, then render only your girl and comp together in photoshop, or whatever.

Guys, did You read the link to the thread I post before?

I described everything - that I used proper gamma, that I used VrayLightmtl and how, that I already excluded from lights.

It's not working properly. Either I'm missing stgh or it's not generally possbible to have it rendered with exact original look.

Attachment below.

Images are not the same.

model1.jpg

Edited by charlieinolas