Placing a cookie inside a plate

hoseinasadi

Hi.

Despite working with 3ds max for a quite a while, I never knew how to properly place an object on another object without having both objects colliding into each other. say I want to put a cookie inside a bowl, the cookie object is pretty much flat but the bowl is round and the cookie wouldnt properly place inside the bowl. is there any way or trick to put the cookie inside the bowl without having them collide? please refer to the photo attached.

cookies.jpg

If you don't want to simulate it then simple just place it manually where it seems that it is on the plate, try rotating the cookie in a all axis to get that exact angle you want. try to fit the cookie in the plate without it crashing through.

Another idea is just stop concentrating on placing the cookie in the plate and try to get the scene that you are setting it up for more detailed rather than waste time on this, there should be way more things that you can concentrate on. When working I have learnt that you must look at the big picture and start detailing what is visible in the scene. There is no point of detailing something that is going to be a couple of pixels in the final render...

If you don't want to simulate it then simple just place it manually where it seems that it is on the plate, try rotating the cookie in a all axis to get that exact angle you want. try to fit the cookie in the plate without it crashing through.

Another idea is just stop concentrating on placing the cookie in the plate and try to get the scene that you are setting it up for more detailed rather than waste time on this, there should be way more things that you can concentrate on. When working I have learnt that you must look at the big picture and start detailing what is visible in the scene. There is no point of detailing something that is going to be a couple of pixels in the final render...

What a stupid @rse comment???

What a stupid @rse comment???

Well it is a technique non the less and a tip as well for an overview of things. Not like I want to be rude about it. I really want to help.

Sometimes we miss simple methods as an option and try to fix things using complicated techniques when the problems are simple and straight forward. Even I miss them sometimes.