Peace at work

1426543414.jpg

Studio/Institution: Valdano Visuals
Client: Personal
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: Sketchup + V-Ray
Description:

Here's a room I did based on an image I saw in a magazine. It's purely for learning purposes as i'm trying to familiarize myself more with v-ray for Sketchup. Was using Lumion previously (at work) but realized it can't offer me exactly what i'm looking for (no bad mouth to Lumion useres).

Comments would be greatly appreciated no matter how harsh. Need some pointers as to what to look out for. I've been paying attention to the finer details like depth netween the bricks, light falloff, refectivity and a few other stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Val.

Over all seems like a good image, not sure of the camera angle, or what are you trying to showcase, the space? or the chair.

It always help to the image when you have an objective that guide your eye to it.

I think you had good details over all, the rug seems a little stiff still tweaking a little more that fur will really help.

The first thing that jump to my eyes it how black are the black( sound redundant I know) but in photography you always try to have a nice balance between whites(bright spots) and black, in this case they seems very crunched, this make the chair lose details in shape.

Other than that, increasing the samples in your Chrome /Aluminum material will help too.

Good work man.

Fco

reference image

Thanks Francisco! The showcase was is really the workstation but I set a wide enough angle to incorporate the space. As for the blacks, I think I let it slip from me during post. I'm a photogapher and tend to tweak my curves to get that sightly milky (retro) look. The thing is, in ding that, I have to make the dark areas really darker for the effect to be noticable. Might just have to use a new PP technique where arch viz is comcerned.

Thanks for the tip on the materials! Still trying to figure out what each of those things do (samples, subdivs etc.). Surely will be looking intoit from now.

Thanks again Francisco!