How to operate recovering corrupted PSD file in Photoshop CS 5.5?

Today I tried to open up the file on PC and it's corrupted. I'm very disappointed.

It doesn't seem to matter what program she uses to open it, the picture is just not showing up.

It would be super awesome if I didn't have to re-draw the whole thing, so any help will be much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

It's tricky when you get unexpected end of file because it usually means the file is not saved correctly and therefore there is a bit missing at the end. This might be un-recoverable. My three suggestions would be:

1) Try loading the file into another program, any program which can read PSD files should be worth a try, they are often more forgiving than Photoshop.

2) If it was a file you were working on, try searching for "photoshop recover unsaved files" and add your operating system. Photoshop saves working files that are somewhat hidden from the user but are easy to find. Other than that, a recent backup? What ever you do, if you try anything that might process your file to fix it, make a copy first, you might find a way to fix it later, you don't want the original file

to get even more corrupt. Oh and see if a copy loads, sometimes the file system of the computer will correct it enough to load if you simply make a copy (but some image may be missing.

3) Using third party tool for restoring severe corrupted .pst files Photoshop Repair Toolbox http://www.photoshop.repairtoolbox.com/

Good luck.