Need some clarification on VrayfastSSS2

evanmichalski

I'm a little confused regarding the maps section and where to put the reflection and rglossiness maps. It's set up differently for the vrayfastss2 that there's specular amount, and specular glossiness so where does the reflect and glossy maps go? Also what is the relationship of the specular layer tab to the maps themselves? The manual doesn't go into detail about this unfortunately.

Thanks.

I am not that familiar with the SSS materials, but perhaps you should try to check out/google for a tutorial/making of about the daniel craig head (the james bond dude), i seem to remember it explaining that stuff to some extent as one of the challenges was to get different areas of the skin to be more/less shiny.

That was a good video, thanks for the link. It didn't quite give me the answer I need but I think I know enough now after playing around with the settings for a few days to get a better feel of it finally. However, you have to think a little bit differently when it comes to sub surface scattering when it comes to maps simply because it's more in-depth in the specular and reflection control but that it requires more trial and error to understand it.