Line Problem in Rendering..

Sherif Massoud

Hi..

I just rendered my latest project..and I set high settings but I got bad results

especially in lines parts..I took care of almost all settings responsible on

AI and IR and LC...but I don't know maybe I missed something, so If anyone

can give advises I'll be very thankfull:)

I'm attaching all settings..

Best regards,:)

Residential_2_e.jpg

Residential_2_d.jpg

Residential_2_g.jpg

Residential_2_f.jpg

Residential_2_h.jpg

Residential_2_a.jpg

Residential_2_c.jpg

Residential_2_b.jpg

Hi Sherif,

I clearly see them as you have modeled. Check a clay render (with material override) and you'll get to see them there too, if they are (as I feel) there in 3 D model.

Also I don't know why you would keep the unwanted stuff like displacement and force 2 sided (you could have many more, if you look closely) on all the time, why make program go through more heavy lifting when it already is doing so much, whatever kind of hardware you may have. Only keep absolutely needed things 'on' and go on adding extra bits only after watching render times and necessity of those additions.

Hope this takes you out of trouble. :)

You mean the lines are jagged or what do you mean by line problem?

Its been a while since I used 1.5 so can't remember all the settings you get what that version.

Maybe try switching your AA filter from Catmull_Rom to something like Area or Quadratic

Catmull Rom is a sharpening filter so it will make these sorts of things worse

Area and Quadratic is softening (or blur if you want) filters and that could help to hide the jagged edges.

If that doesnt work, try a different image sampler type. I think that time DMC was still called QMC (Quasi Monti Carlo), if so then switch to that and try min 2 max 8

The global subdivision can be pulled back from 1.0 to drastically improve render speed with not much loss of quality. Try .5, .25 even .125

The detail number can even be a bit higher, too.

But beyond that, the details look pretty good. I think you are being too hard on yourself.

I would suggest that you straighten up the camera so you have a two-point. There is nothing gained by the tilt up except more AA problems.

Also--those people hate each other. Have them clump together in groups.

Bringing down your global subdivision multiplier to 0.125 will have a negative effect on your IRmap.

In a nutshell your HSph Subdivs of 70 will be reduced to around 24 which is too low, even if you have it on the Very High Preset

I say in a nutshell because thats not taking into account min samples, threshold etc