Viewport issue

joaopinto

Hi guys, i've recently had some issues with my 3ds max software.

I'm using 3ds Max 2015 and i'm getting bad geometry visualization in my viewport. Here is an example that what is happening:

Captura de Ecrã (101).jpg

Captura de Ecrã (100).jpg

Since I use perspective with shaded objects to model a lot, it really bugs me a lot. The geometry is correct so I think it's a visualization problem. Something wrong with my graphic card?

Here are the specs of my computer:

Windows 8

i7-4930K @ 3.40GHz

16GB ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

Hope you can help me.

Best regards,

João Pinto

Good catch Scott.

I think in my experience with the issue (my models are always centered on 0,0,0) is geometry that's close to one another...like road markings slightly above the road itself...in perspective mode they half appear or don't appear at all, in Orthographic, they look fine, and render fine with my camera.

You and to OP have 2 very different issues.

For your issue, well it's a non-issue really. It makes perfect sense and this is normal viewport behavior. Max's viewport has a hard time separating objects that are extremely close together. Which it really doesn't need to anyways for sake of overall performance. Perspective puts things as they are in space which can cause conflicts with objects that are hair's width apart and orthographic is more fixed distances which helps max determine where things are in space.

If it renders fine, then you don't really need to worry.