Any suggestions on reading 3dsmax/Vray presets?

akbargherbal

Hello everyone.

I wonder if what I am trying to do is possible. The situation is like this:

I am trying to learn V-ray (for 3DS max).... But it's really confusing, I just need to mess with one parameter, and the whole rendering is wrecked, from few minutes, to 4 hours and not so good rendering results.... So I resort to learn from the best, I use two methods:

1) See what good CG artists/architects are doing, and reverse engineer what they are doing.

2) Use presets in Solidrocks, which proved to be very useful.

My question:

I would like to have this: to export Vray presets to a readable format, any format that's easily readable, word/text/excel/html.... so that I can compare between my settings, and other settings (coming from solidrocks/evermotion etc)...... is this possible? is there a a certain script that would do this to me? the rps (3ds max rendering settings) can it be read in any shape or form, other than being reloaded into 3ds max? I hope my question is clear.

Akbar.

Edited by akbargherbal

I think what you are trying to do is useless, every scene is different, so the exact same values that give you a nice day shot exterior wont be useful in a dusk interior.

What you need to learn is "why" you should use this or that values, then everything will become natural for you, like riding a bike.

Chaos group manual is actually very good learning source, it does come with tons of image samples of what they are talking about, after that you should read making off, or buy some tutorial online, there is millions some free, some very cheap there is no excuse really.

You can make a cheat sheet if you like but you need to learn first how V Ray work if not, Just buy Solid Rock and forget about it.

V-Ray 3 come with presets for people who has not time to dig in V-Ray workflow.