Extrude to Editable poly geometry issue

thanulee

Hello, anyone had ever this issue before when having an extruded shape converted to editable poly? I cant remove this edge.. I can only delete it thus it removes all the side of the model. I cant even cap it afterwards its behaving very weird. If i convert it to mesh its exactly the same. It happens sometimes not always, but pretty often. Help plz, its very annoying i cant work like this :p

thanks

11062677_333711946819528_1354118858410179517_n.jpg

Thank u but this doesnt help either. i wanna chamfer the letter so i can get a bevel. I dont need any edge that connects those shapes. Its a bug right? It doesnt happen to all shapes but to some.

ps. ofc i can poly model it but thats not my point :D

I nearly always work in editable poly and i have used extruded text spline before, and it's not a bug.

I just retried it on Max2012. Made a text spline letter, then extruded it and then converted to editable poly. I got the same edge (placed somewhere else) and, yes, it interferes with the chamfer.

It also does that with the letters A and O; you just can't have a single polygon with a hole in it.

@Fransisco I tried your suggestion with mesh, which i don't use a lot. I encountered problems but it must be me. So pardon me if i give my solution with polygon.

@Thanos What i do is select the side polygon and make an insert about the size i plan the chamfer, and then select the corner edges to make a chamfer. Or ultimately, if no insert, you'll have to go in and adjust every vertex by hand!

Imho.

I nearly always work in editable poly and i have used extruded text spline before, and it's not a bug.

I just retried it on Max2012. Made a text spline letter, then extruded it and then converted to editable poly. I got the same edge (placed somewhere else) and, yes, it interferes with the chamfer.

It also does that with the letters A and O; you just can't have a single polygon with a hole in it.

Fransisco I tried your suggestion with mesh, which i don't use a lot. I encountered problems but it must be me. So pardon me if i give my solution with polygon.

Thanos What i do is select the side polygon and make an insert about the size i plan the chamfer, and then select the corner edges to make a chamfer. Or ultimately, if no insert, you'll have to go in and adjust every vertex by hand!

Imho.

Edit: inset, not insert

Edited by marcellabbe

Thank u Marcel! Ya i ll end up with some other solution i guess. I can also bevel profile the model but i thought i could solve this issue once and for all. I m not sure u might be right and always be happening to A and O and i never noticed. I ll try some more things and get back at ya. cheers mate!