Who do you target for customers?

Eezo

I was just wondering who most people target when looking for new customers. Do you find you get more work from Architects, direct from housing developers or a mixture of the two? I'm just thinking of exterior work not interiors.

To be very honest, the ones that pay on time, and the ones that appreciate the work , and time you put in to hit their deadlines and the get them the job.

They will come to you once you have completed a few jobs and have put your heart and soul in to the job for them.

The personal touch, of not loosing the rag, and the telling them, not to worry we will get it done.

If they treat you badly, raise the price for the next job, and then you find out if they really value you, and your work.

There are client who ring after a deadline and thank you.

Most just go dead, and you hear from them when they want a new quote.

Phil

Edited by philip kelly

I agree. Clients that pay and pay on time and clients that don't nickle and dime me on my pricing. I just had a client email me and tell me what he was going to pay me even after I quoted him and then he added an additional rendered view later on in the project and didn't expect it cost more. These clients can suck an egg as far as I am concerned.

I aim at architects but only about 40% constitute my clients; most of the rest are developers.

I prefer architects because they all pay on time, they mostly have the same interest in details and they actually read everything i send them.

It always confuses me that some developers who sell half a million dollars or more buildings, aren't even bothered to read a 5 lines mail!

As for free additional render, i offer it myself sometimes instead of a special for multiple services contract.

But in the end, for me, architects or not, i enjoy working with people who know where they're going. Some try to use me to make tests, mostly textures but sometimes structure as well. And they think it's included in the price; i have to remind them to read all of the quote they agreed on!

The ones i don't enjoy are those who don't even respect there own deadline. Like 'i'm prepared to pay but i need it in two days, i'm sending you the plan before noon' and late that afternoon, you're still waiting!www.hct3d.com

Some try to use me to make tests, mostly textures but sometimes structure as well.

Ahhh, yes this one.... especially when its time for final rendering they start making big changes, not even paying attention to your emails about render times issues...

I generally prefer the clients who trust, believe my work and have patience. The ones who show interest, understand my dedication and appreciate. I started my business with advertising firm åKOMPANI, which helped my in targeting me right audience with right advertisement.