Money is the root of all happiness

aristocratic3d

HI Guys. Suddenly I remember a facebook post by a 3D artist in our country.

So I wanted to share this with you to see how people around the world think about this.

Do you agree that the money is the root of all happiness?

If yes then write Y and tell me why if you want to justify yourself a little.

If No then write N and tell me why if you want to justify yourself a little.

Since there is no option this forum to open a pole. I had to make a normal forum post.

Thanks for giving your opinion. :D

Hi, and thanks for nice thread, hope there would be a lot of interesting comments.

I'm absolutly disagree with this quote. And I have some arguments: a lot of us here have architectural degree, and if we are talking about the money than architect is a pretty valuable position, but people start doing 3d stuff mostly to have fun, to enjoy their job, to have personal freedom and choose their own way. Cause all CG industry is preety young and creative field, which have a lot of opportunities and provide different ways how you can realise yourself. More over you can look at any community gallery and you would be impressed with how many personal projects are there, which looks interesting, creative and even stunning and its not a commercial stuff, it is projects that people make to have fun, to improve their skills and to share their creative vision.

Though this is personal opinion, I could be wrong and I know that in some situations its all about the money, but I hope that in general my thoughts are right.

This sounds too much like all the insipid meme-ish shameware my cousin posts on Facebook, for example 'like if you are the proud daughter of a strong mother' or 'hit like and share withing ten minutes to receive good luck and a plastic Jesus for your dashboard'.

If money is the root of all happiness, then when you find happiness you should be able to type cd.. until you attaining money. I just tried that. It didn't work. So there's your answer.

My vote is that this is a silly question.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/17/map-happiness-benchmark_n_5592194.html

Interesting to note though, is that Hawaii is the highest dollar amount to consider oneself "happy".

The people who consider money to be the root of happiness will insist "its true money cant buy everything. But its the root of happiness. they even brought a wicked dialog, " you need money to get a happy wife", Although my point was if you need money to get love from wife or to make her happy then just go to brothel. there are plenty of beautiful women waiting for you to share their flesh just for $$.

I tried to be more descriptive while reasoning with them. for example I said,

For some people its a good health thats considered as the root of happiness because he is struck by diabetic.

For some people its a A loyal wife who loves you no matter what.

So the quote itself is a foolish quote, "money is the root of all happiness."

Well at the end of the day its my opinion. So I just wanted to see how many people in this forum agree with this quote.

Edited by aristocratic3d
typo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Every person I have ever met that was obsessed about money or becoming rich has always turned out to be 100% untrustworthy, and in the end, the kinds of people I avoid at all costs.

Earning a decent living in one thing; basing one's self-worth on how much money one can accumulate is something else.

The lust for money IS the root of all evil -- just look at our world!

Every person I have ever met that was obsessed about money or becoming rich has always turned out to be 100% untrustworthy, and in the end, the kinds of people I avoid at all costs.

Earning a decent living in one thing; basing one's self-worth on how much money one can accumulate is something else.

The lust for money IS the root of all evil -- just look at our world!

' Couldn't agree more! (- and am constantly amazed and saddened by those who demonstrate an inability to recognise what to me seems obvious.)

• 7 months later...
I will say it is. If you have enough money your wife will be calm, rest of the family also, and you can sitting and doing your job withaout any braging and without stress.

There is no limitation to that enough money. If our wives need more money after their regular expenses why dont we seek for prostitute ( or a call girl in a better expression). Just pay money!

I knew that the wife is the one who will share sorrow and happiness both. She will be with the husband and become a source of tranquility in the state of poverty.

Or are people in some places on earth changed the definition of wife?

I would agree that money is NOT the source of happiness, but an extreme lack of money can sure be a source of sadness.

As Sophie Tucker once said, "I've been rich and I've been poor, rich is better"

What makes someone rich? Compared to some of our clients in Real Estate Development, we are all poor, and will always be, we have clients that, according to websites compensation can top 10,000,000 a year, I don't want their job or think I could do it. Having just spent time in Africa, in that context I would consider myself rich, I own a house, car, can take vacations to Africa, etc.

On the other hand, I am 2 years away from starting to fund 16 years of college over 12 years(with overlap). This assumes all 4 kids go to 4 years of college, current USA rates for college, at 50k a year is $800,000, feeling poor after doing that math, great, now I'm sad...

I know - ouch! My daughter is just finishing her first year at NYU. She really worked hard and got a full tuition scholarship but the living expenses are still like 20K. What is happening is that we are screwing our kids over with student loans.

If only we could channel some of the $$ we are spending on 3 wars to education to ease the burden on parents and kids.

One drone Hellfire missile would pay for college for 2 of your kids.

On the other hand, I am 2 years away from starting to fund 16 years of college over 12 years(with overlap). This assumes all 4 kids go to 4 years of college, current USA rates for college, at 50k a year is $800,000, feeling poor after doing that math, great, now I'm sad...

Or send your kids to Europe and pay 0 for their college.

I know - ouch! My daughter is just finishing her first year at NYU. She really worked hard and got a full tuition scholarship but the living expenses are still like 20K. What is happening is that we are screwing our kids over with student loans.

If only we could channel some of the $$ we are spending on 3 wars to education to ease the burden on parents and kids.

One drone Hellfire missile would pay for college for 2 of your kids.

Believe me I noticed your comment after I have quoted "Andres Saarnak" comment. ! ! !

I know money doesn't bring happiness, it brings comfort & security but if your not happy with yourself it doesn't matter how much money you have. The trick is being content with what you have, don't be envious or jealous of others and you'll find no matter how much stuff you can be happy.

Whoever came up with that phrase was simply trying to find a way to justify to themselves why it was ok not to be rich. Everyone who says this is usually thinking of that "rich guy" but they forget that they have a few thousand dollars in the bank themselves that they use to get food and pay bills. This statement is a waste of time most of the time because it is relative to the status of the individual. HOWEVER, if you take it literally the answer is that money is the root of happiness in the 21st century. Why? Because you cant be happy without being at peace and you cant be at peace unless the 3 basic human needs are met. (Food, relationship, and shelter) And guess what? You can't meet those needs in today's world without paying for them.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

im going to say no this time. everyone chasing their dream. if they achieve their dream, so its called happy right? not every dream can de chase without money, a lot of money. my dream? i want to build a 10 floor house and a swimming pool with 4 meter depth so i can jump from my 10th floor to the swimming pool everyday.

im going to say no this time. everyone chasing their dream. if they achieve their dream, so its called happy right? not every dream can de chase without money, a lot of money. my dream? i want to build a 10 floor house and a swimming pool with 4 meter depth so i can jump from my 10th floor to the swimming pool everyday.

Better make that about 6 meters deep! :D