pool shot, dusk

Tommy L

1428593027.jpg

Studio/Institution: INFX Studio, Chicago
Client: confidential
Genre: Commercial Exterior
Software: Max VRay PS
Description:

Hotel in Florida. This image is to be discarded in favor of a higher, broader shot... which will be tremendously ugly, so I figured I'd give this one an outing. I like the composition so Ill continue to work on it, filling out the background and uplight more of the palms. Maybe add a few people.

Its all 3d with the exceptions of the rocky outcrop left and the sky. Rendered at 6k, this one is compressed for web, 3k.

Feedback and suggestions welcome.

Tom.

Tell us a story.

This seems like a transitional time at a resort as people leave the pool and get ready for dinner. What are the guests doing, what are the staff doing. Has something or somebody been left behind? Is something exciting about to happen? Something ominous?

• 1 month later...

Hell's yeah! Looks great!

I'm not so sure about uplighting the palms, maybe darken them, let them be graphic shapes against the dynamic sky. Also, darken the tower against the sky, pick up light where the building meets the deck. Finally, less color saturation in the foreground water.

Maybe some firefly-like small lights around the mid-ground (candles, perhaps). Maybe.