My first Post

jayeshmane

This is good work definitely better than when I started doing 3d visualization stuff...

Anyways here are my tips to make it better. Assuming you use Vray to render it.

1. Everything is matte, try using Falloff in reflection to simulate fresnel effect, all objects have that in reallife. Also make glossiness changes according to the material like if it is glass then it should be 0.98 while if it is paint it can be 0.9 or wood can be 0.8... remember the lower the number goes the more samples you require... Usually keep it in the multiples of 8 its a weird but it works. so 0.98 = 8, 0.8 = 16, 0.6 = 24.

Try not to go below 0.5 glossiness it will take a lot of samples to render a matte surface clean with this setting.

2. Try maps in the specular(falloff), and also glossiness(remember to keep the map color above 60% gray and avoid 100% white) this will drastically change the whole look to the scene and give more realism.

3. Lighting is all even and a bit dull. You need to have contrast, you need to draw the attention of the viewer to what you want to show. Also all lights have a source in reallife they don't just have like blotch of light coming out of nowhere... That one really affected me.

4. Use an HDRI on a dome light, even if you use the same after sunset HDRI map for both indoor and outdoor this would work. The HDRI gives a subtle but really effective lighting to the scene.

5. Use ArchModel Libraries for trees and other props I can see you have used some but don't be afraid to add more things in.

6. To make it really sell try to think of it from the perspective of the owner of the place. Where is it located? Which trees would go well for a backyard pool setting. Think of it like if I owned this place what would I have kept there, forexample I can see a dead wall in the interior shot, I would add a TV there. Or like a painting there.

7. Displacement map - Use the displacement map for the wall as right now it looks dead because there is no depth to the bricks, don't overdo it but subtly like in the displacement map intensity may be 01 is fine.

8. Try thinking from a realistic point of view too in terms of modelling, like for example the floor usually has like a lip to it. Or like window glass is not just glass on concrete, it has plastic frames or metal bolts to hold it together. Or like did you think if it was day, then wouldn't you want curtains or blinds of somesort on there.

9. Try using Composite texture map and combine 2-3 maps to break up the repetitive pattern, like under the water tiles. They form a straight line. driving the viewer to see it.

Edited by siddharthkolte