customers blacklist

pickantstudio

Tom has suggested a "name and shame" approach but things get a little sticky because things aren't always black and white.

The person being named might have their side of the story and situations might arise from a mis-communication resulting in

an unjustified blacklisting with serious harm done.

• 2 weeks later...
I want it to look like this" with the only specific info being bay spacing. After looking at my rough draft he goes "well actually I want to keep this from the picture, and these dormers ..............and this roof.

imran

Use your judgement. Certainly don't feel the need for a "he-said she-said" forum... Turning down a job on principal is vastly different then turning down a job on here-say.

I want it to look like this" with the only specific info being bay spacing. After looking at my rough draft he goes "well actually I want to keep this from the picture, and these dormers ..............and this roof.

imran

This sounds like pretty much every day in this business and certainly not anything worth shaming a client over. Lack of payment, unethical business practices, piracy etc. perhaps but if we blacklisted every client who was indecisive, there wouldn't be anyone left.

What John said.

Also, if you are writing contracts where some of the money is required up front and delivering watermarked images, you can mitigate a lot of your own risk.

I would highly doubt that there are too many clients out there getting work for free regularly. It is more likely that a specific project fell apart or had a much larger story than the artist's own lack of fortune/opportunity.

I've seen clients walk away without paying only to have them come crawling back for the image much later. Protect your own skin in the game and there will be no need to blackball anyone.

Yeah, the bot takes random post from forum (or based on some metric) and posts it with link in signature. CGArch doesn't support HTML codes anymore though, so the linkbait is less obvious and basically doesn't work. Poor spambots :- ) Instead they get re-purposed as excellent discussion starters.

Best one imho so far was spambot with blond woman avatar getting complimented.

Haha holy shit! I totally fell for it because it seemed so relevant! I caught the other blonde woman one though, I found that thread pretty entertaining. Damn bots are way smarter than I am.

I actually thought that I had seen that post before, but then totally dismissed it because it was so relevant. Amazing!

Edited by ryannelson