Vray DR - tried everything but these Vray messages are confusing me

Roodogg

Hi guys,

just installed V-ray 3 on my Workstation and on 8 render slaves - these are my vray messages - needless to say the slaves are not rendering anything!

Any ideas what is stopping it getting through?

Thanks in advance.

vray messages.jpg

I use DR with VRAY 3.0 and 3DS Max Design 2015. Works just fine. Didn't have to do the Backburner job first either, though that's still in the VRAY 3.0 Manual. Setting it up can sometimes be frustrating and I've found it's usually something easy that was the culprit. I'd rate my IT skills at below beginner, so if I can do it then I know you all can.

You have to make sure your computers are all networked properly and can all see each other. That was the most difficult thing for me. Then little things like running the spawner as an Admin, making sure you have the nodes properly resolved in the DR settings, etc.

It is a licensing problem!

I have been notified by chaos that I only have, in fact, 5 licenses so once the first five have loaded the scene, the rest cannot. I am slightly confused, as my reseller 'sold' me render nodes 'pack of 10'.

I am trying to resolve with both the reseller and Chaos. Not happy - critical timing problem now :/