Help and comments needed

Infinite CG

Hi All,

Im new to the forum, not that new to visualizations. Ive recently switched from 3ds Max 2011 and VRay 1.5 to Max 2015 and Vray 3.0.

This is the first completed scene I did, I am not extremely happy with the "noise" in the shadows. I feel its an exposure problem. Played around with the camera settings, this is about completed render number 25.

If someone has any suggestions, it would be really appreciated.

Regards

Render 1_Vray3.0_2_blur_web.jpg

Edited by Infinite CG

Thank you for your reply, but can you give me more detail?

Architect chose the camera angle himself, I would have lowered the camera to a more eyelevel height and focussed more on the single unit. But again, the client gets what he wants. So basically I know the balance and composition of the image isn't near perfect. I tried fighting him on it, but wouldn't have it.

• 2 weeks later...

Howzit Radie

This one already looks better than the 1st version, but still needs work.

For starters, lower your sun in the sky by about 15 to 20% This will start to make your shadows a tad longer and the shot more interesting.

You need to create glossy and bump maps for all your textures. The roof tiles, wall brick, road for example stand out as very flat. Take your diffuse texture you already have, and use that to make your own reflection/gloss maps and bump maps. For the bricks for example, a simple bump map would be something that shows the actual brick as white, and the in between bits as black. That will already start to "cheat" the light falling on it a bit and it will appear to be more 3D.

Bump maps are OK, but if you want to go even further to make it better, you need to look into NormalMaps for the bump.

BUT, the all out no nonsense way is using a displacement modifier, and stick the same type of map in it that you would have used for your bump map.

Try to use as far as possible, 3D plants, not 2D stuff. Your grass in the foreground is a bit too neon green, make it a bit darker (and stick a bump on there, or some displacment or some vrayfur or max hair and fur)

The fuzzy wuzzy low planting in the foreground is a bit too blurry. Make it less blurry.

Look into HDRI dome lights for lighting and reflections.

There's more, but I think that should be enough to give you a head start