Bedroom for my client

1429886379.jpg

Studio/Institution: Render image
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: 3ds max & V-ray
Description:

Hi,

Recently I did this for my client. This is the first cut I have sent him. I would appreciate your comments and critics especially for the lighting and rendering.

Hello there! I am pretty new in the game, but if I were to give my pointers I would say that first of all its a very nice render, not much to improve.

The only things that I could see distracts me a little bit are:

1. The edge of the lightcast above the hanging lamp to the right, looks a little bit sharp.

2. The black areas of the spotlight closest to the camera are a bit to dark, if you compare it to the other.

3. Maybe the lamp on the nightstand could spread the light a little bit more, its pretty dark around, and behind the lamp.

*notes on others then the lights:

The pillows should be moved a little bit to the left, the beige cover looks a little bit to jagged, and the carpet looks a bit thin. The handle on the wardrobe looks a little bit thin as well.

I am really impressed by the shaders of the lamps! I have tried to get this look without any good result (I tried with a glass shader though) but anyways, I would love to hear how you did that!

Also the glass materials of the paintings are really realistic!

Keep up the good work!

It looks good but the design is really scattered. You have these modern minimalist glass panels, then you have grandma's wall paper and that door is squeezed so tightly into the corner it makes it seem like a cheap hotel room. I know it's for your client but if you were going to use this for your portfolio I definitely would make changes.

The folded blanket seems a little (lot?) lumpy.

Edited by heni30

I am going to try and give you some heads up on your work. Starting with the design that i am sure you probably have no say over it. The scheme plainly does not work. It is just all over the place and completely out of tune. Also there is practicalities need to be considered. When the door opens, the door handle will smash the blue "glass" on your cupboards. Also when was the last you checked into a hotel and saw a framed picture on the side table. A picture of what? The receptionist? The pillows are not matching anything nor do they go with anything. Also, i am trying to remember the last time we did a bedroom with marble flooring and for the life i do not think we ever have. I think it all comes down to sound properties and creating of echos during love making (that does happens in abundance in the hotels) and just being a cold material. The rug is kind of off-pink and once again does not really tie into anything and feels cheap. Besides that the render is okay, i think i would try and find a more flattering angle as i think you could probably do better. Also the throe on the bed feels plastic and lumpy and not natural. I would try to work on that. One of the pillows on the right is overshooting the bed so i would try and fix that. I think that the start of it... Post it again and see if we can improve on this... All the best...

• 3 weeks later...

Design point of view as others suggested...but your render looks dull..missing the realism..I understand some of the clients in India wont understand this but we have to work a bit better. Add a little more contrast to your image...and remember your image is missing the AO. Its good overall..but you must take suggestions and improve..good luck bro

Meher