Black images using backburner and nvidia mental ray

Hi everyone.

I have tried to render an interior view of my design using Nvidia mental ray and backburner; my file was imported from revit and I added the materials in 3ds max, I checked the exposure control, global ilumination, final gathering, etc., but I do not get why the final render is a black picture.

I did some test renders and they were okay, but I would prefer to render my views using these features and getting a high quality render.

Please If you know how to fix this problem, share your knowledge and let´s help each other :)

Thanks for your reply :)

No, I did not, I want to use it because I would like to get a high quality image, If I render it with the normal steps, I do not get the quality I wish to.

Here are the scene I want to render using backburner and the renders parameters I use to; also, the final image when I use backburner, it is all black.second test.png

test ext st.jpg

e2.jpg

e3.jpg

Are you using 1 computer? I am not very familiar with mental ray, I use vray, and only time I use backburner is when I send the job to another computer.

In your settings, I see that you have Distributed rendering ticked on, if you are not using any other computers, you should turn it off.

Edited by artmaknev

What happens is that I need to render some scenes and each scene takes a lot of time and I saw some information about backburner and It can render the scenes without stopping working in 3ds max; also, It renders high quality images :)

The images I get when I click render are okay, but I would prefer to have the best quality :)

You should be getting same results with backburner, this is strange, the settings you have in your file is same with backburner, maybe the network paths are wrong and backburner doesn't see any maps. But you are rendering locally so it shouldn't be a problem... But just in case you can convert all your maps to a network path in the Asset Manager in max:

Highlight all maps, Right-click -> Resolve Path to UNC.

Highlight all maps again, Right-Click -> Make path relative to project folder

Try that and the path for every map should look something like that: \\y\projects\maps\

Its true you can render and work at the same time with backburner, I see why you want to do that now. The thing is that when backburner rendering you need to lower the priority down, so it doesn't use all your cpu power and you can still use that machine for work.