distributing floor tiles

SgWRX

how would you make something like the attached image? it has to be a) somewhat random, b) bias towards each edge to the point where it would be a solid color for x feet?

one approach i used was to create and align all the tiles, select them all and make them one color, then select "middle" tiles and randomly deselect in order to change their color.

then i randomly selected a small number of tiles and made them the lightest color.

my thought is, that while it worked, it'd be nice to be able to get a more even scatter that blends better.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53017[/ATTACH]

how would you make something like the attached image? it has to be a) somewhat random, b) bias towards each edge to the point where it would be a solid color for x feet?

one approach i used was to create and align all the tiles, select them all and make them one color, then select "middle" tiles and randomly deselect in order to change their color.

then i randomly selected a small number of tiles and made them the lightest color.

my thought is, that while it worked, it'd be nice to be able to get a more even scatter that blends better.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53017[/ATTACH]

I will probobly make some sort of gradient in Photoshop and then use VIZPARK Mosaic.