Unreal Engine 4 - Interior

Rafael Reis

awesome work mate!!! beautiful

So how long would you say it takes you to produce this from start to end?

Hi guys.

This is my latest work using UE4

You can check for more realtime projects on my youtube channel.

This is a comparison between real photography and UE4 rendering

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53042[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]53043[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]53044[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]53041[/ATTACH]

• 4 months later...
thanks guys!

Pixelman, about 7-8 weeks

I am interested in this technology. This looks very nice, and you have done a very good job.

If a client were to buy such thing, it would need to take 3 days rather than 7-8 weeks. Do you think that's possible for anyone to achieve?

I haven't tried to develop in this engine myself yet, so I have no clue.

• 3 weeks later...
thanks guys!

Pixelman, about 7-8 weeks

How much of this time is spent on laying out UV's ? Or in other words: what would be the time difference setting up such a scene in Max/VRay or Max/UE (or any other modeler/renderer) for YOU ?

The biggest thing about any realtime engine when you're a newbie is this: Take whatever time it would normally take you to do the job for a normal render, and double that

Heh, I pretty much say the same thing, I just use 'tripple' :- ) Imho it doesn't even scale linearly, the larger the project scope is, the harder is it to manage in Unreal because issues are harder to solve, there aren't that many workaround and off-line raytracers today can get you away with a lot !

I also don't think "newbieness" applies so much, it will always take more time, the asset preparation will never do itself :- ).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I am interested in this technology. This looks very nice, and you have done a very good job.

If a client were to buy such thing, it would need to take 3 days rather than 7-8 weeks. Do you think that's possible for anyone to achieve?

I haven't tried to develop in this engine myself yet, so I have no clue.

3 days is possible. It take a while to get your processes down for importation and that takes practice, but your speed will increase. As was previously mentioned steamroller will do majority of the work for you when it comes to unwrapping UVs. Material normalization is another thing that you may have to address.

• 4 months later...