After saving from Vray Frame Buffer , the render looses Sharpness and clarity.

nazarethtomassian

Hello guys ,

I'm having a problem after saving an image (jpeg , or tif or targa or png ...).

the image isn't being over exposed after saving (the problem isn't from the gamma, colors are correct)

instead , the image becomes a bit Blur , and it loses its sharp quality (the preview from the VFB always looks more detailed , as if it has a higher resolution than the saved one).

i tried alot of things , including changing the Antialiasing filters and the image sampler ... but nothing works !,m

Does anyone have any idea ? i would be really thankful if anyone could help.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys,

So this is a comparison between the two of the renders. the one on the right is from the VFB , the one on the left is after saving it into a TIFF (300 dpi). (i tried jpeg,png etc..)

there's always this small difference between the two of them. the preview render from the VFB looks sharper/clearer.

Is this familiar to anyone?

Comparaison.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw this thread and posted some of my screenshots. Both are around 100% so I dont think that is the issue here. In my VFB only color clamping and sRGB are ticked. And in color correction control bar everything is unticked.

You can clearly see that the VFB has more contrast to the green area and better sharpnes. The saved one is PNG no compression and in viewed in Photoshop with graphic processor (gtx 960)

comparison_saved.jpg

COMPARISON_VFB.jpg

Well I guess it has something to do with the monitor you are using. Im using Dell E2416H 24" and when i viewed my render in windows photo viewer or photo editing software it clearly was a bit different than in VFB. When I took the same image and went to view it on my Thunderbolt Apple monitor it showed everything VFB showed in terms of contrast and sharpens.

hi..

if you save in jpg it will turn into 8bit image, save it in targa, tif, and png... which supports 32 bit rate.. try to play on gamma values, some times gamma loosen depth and crispness of image... try to reduce gamma value in post production you can achieve same as 3ds max,i guess....

Guys, contrast and sharpness are two completely different things. The loss in sharpness is likely caused because of reasons already discussed, and the difference in contrast is because the Vfb displays in sRGB colour space. Other softwares/image viewers may be displaying in another colour space (such as Adobe RGB).

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old post, don't want to start a new thread, but after reading over this I get that you need to view the image at 100% to get the same quality however once you zoom out from that you are going to lose the quality again. Is there anyway to fix it so that when you have to pass your work on to say a client / put the image on your profile / website that is it viewed as you do when you look at the frame buffer?

There are not any gamma issues on the render but only the sharpness and loss of quality

• 6 years later...